CRM contacts page Redesign
Our CRM didn’t provide any ability to filter or search contacts within the Contacts page, users have difficulties managing their Contacts. The goals are:
1) Improve the product usability and increase the NPS (net promoter score).
2) Boost the efficiency for users to manage their Contacts in our CRM.
Legacy Design Problems
I collected data from our online community by searching for posts about sort and filter on the Contacts page.
Based on the data I collected above, I did a few sketches to finalize redesign ideas.
• Removed the fly-out menu
• Added in page search and filters
• Added more ability to record conversations (update Contacts)
User Testing Round 1
5 users performed 4 tasks, see the bar chart below.
• Added sort arrows next to each table header
• Gave the sorted header UI a different pressed color
• Added more filter options and the ability to reset filters
User Test Round 2
4 users performed 4 tasks filtering/sorting Contacts, see the bar chart below.
User testing has successfully validated my redesign improvements. See the image below.
Define the Importance of Filters
I analyzed all the user testing data and defined the importance of filters, that helps me decide which filter options can be hidden under "More Filters". See the pie chart below.
To learn design tear down of this redesign project, please visit my Medium post.